Sunday, September 5, 2010

So much for this being about photography :P

     Ozark. I'm here. Somedays it's hard to believe it. I feel like its going to end soon, and i'm going to go back home and back to how everything use to be, But it's not. I love it here so much though. I've met some AMAZING people, my professors are the best, my roomate is hilarious, eveything seems so perfect. I do miss my family, and Boulevard, and my friends. I do miss the daycare and all my little children there. But God, i know, has something planned for me here. He's opening my heart and eyes to so many new things and has already opened doors.
     I came here thinking of doing the 4 year Intercultral Studies Bachelor degree, but i feel that changing. I don't know what to or why, but i think God has something different than what i thought. Maybe i'm just a confused freshmen, but maybe it's God leading me somewhere else. I know i'm suppose to be here, but what for exactly, i'm unsure. I've given it to God through prayer, hoping He'll reveal His plan to me sometime soon.
     Today, i went to Carterville Christian Church, and i was blown away by the people there. They were so welcoming it was unbelievable. I walked in to seeing everyone smiling and greeting us, but not an overbearing kind of way. I walked into the worship service and looked down at a little girl standing next to her dad and when we made eye contact she gave me the biggest smile and waved at me. It was such a warm feeling seeing this little girl, who was about 9 years old maybe, so happy to see someone she's never met.
     I almost feel like God is showing me that childrens ministry is something that i should go for and from the last few weeks and ESPECIALLY today i can see it actually happening. For now i'm giving it to God and praying for more doors to be open and that His will for my life be shown to me. I'm so excited for this chapter in my life and for what God is doing! :)

-Jessica

6 comments:

Jenny Blumenberg said...

oh Jess!
this is so great:)) I will be praying that God reveals to you your passions and gifts more and more with some direction as well. I'm so excited for you. God is most definitely moving in you!

love you tons:]

Jenny

Beauty of Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beauty of Grace said...

Thanks!! I very much so need it!

and i'm excited for YOU!
Is today your first day in Colorado? :D

Love you too! :)

Jessica

Jenny Blumenberg said...

aw thank you:)
well no my first day was the 8th.
haha. it feels like TONS has happened in just 4 days but at the same time in a slower-like fashion.
hah but i love it here! only bummer is that you're not here with me:)

Beauty of Grace said...

Aw, that makes me so sad! I showed Courtney this comment and were both like WE MISS JENNY AND JANNAAA!!! ha.
I can't wait for a reunion to hear about everything! :D

Jenny Blumenberg said...

haha.
you two!
loooove it:) and we for sure will!